Pages

Wednesday 1 January 2014

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug - Review

This review on an incredible movie, is by yours truly.  

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug is the second movie in the trilogy 'The Hobbit' taking place 60 years before the events of the much-known Lord of The Rings, filmed by Peter Jackson.

This film is very fast-paced and, at some points, a bit too fast-paced. During some sequences at the start of the movie, I felt like it was cutting through scenes very quickly without giving the audience much indication of the current events. However, as the film progressed, scenes became more compact and kept my heart racing in tension for what was going to happen next.
The sequence in Beorn's house was, in my view, the least explained and quickest scene that was carried out in the movie. 
The film is much better than the first ( The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey ) and I absolutely loved it. 
Mirkwood was portrayed very accurately,  and was not a disappointment.
Compared to the book, this is not a very sturdy account of the events in the book, and compared to the book I give it: 5.6/10.0
But, as a movie on its own, I give it: 9.5/10

-Hobbit

No comments:

Post a Comment